Scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded for costs relating to educational expenses only (i.e. tuition, books, supplies, etc.) Scholarship checks will be made payable to the recipient and university, vocational school or leadership program.
Scholarships awards must be used during the 2021-2022 academic year. Prior recipients may reapply annually. Awards will depend on the availability of funds and demonstrated student financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement.
- Hispanic/Latina women;
- Detroit/Metro Detroit resident;
- Currently fulfilling high school graduation requirements or GED equivalent; or any student who has formally been admitted to, or is currently attending, a university, community college, vocational school or leadership development program;
- Eligible applicants may also include MANA de Metro Detroit members, relative of members, and participants in the “Hermanitas” Programs
Each application MUST be filled out completely and submitted by May 1, 2021. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The following documents must be attached to your application:
- Current academic transcripts and/or GED scores;
- Letter of acceptance from school or proof of registration;
- Letters of recommendation from three educators or community representatives;
- One to two page bio talking about your past experiences and future plans as it relates to your educational goals and community involvement;
- A copy of the Free Application of Federal Financial Student Aid for 2021-2022.
- A copy of last federal tax return or proof of total household income for 2020.
Applicants must be willing to provide ten (10) hours of volunteering for a non profit organization in a two year period.