Scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded for costs relating to educational expenses only (i.e. tuition, books, supplies, etc.) Scholarship checks will be made payable to the recipient and university, vocational school or leadership program.
Scholarships awards must be used during the 2022-2023 academic year. Prior recipients may reapply annually. Awards will depend on the availability of funds and demonstrated student financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement.
- Hispanic/Latina women seeking an undergraduate degree;
- Detroit/Metro Detroit resident;
- Currently fulfilling high school graduation requirements or GED equivalent; and has been formally admitted to or is currently attending an undergraduate program at a university, community college, or vocational school;
- Eligible applicants may also include MANA de Metro Detroit members, relative of members, and participants in the “Hermanitas” Programs.
Each application MUST be filled out completely and submitted by May 2, 2022. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The following documents must be attached to your application:
- Current academic transcripts and/or GED scores;
- Letter of acceptance from school or proof of registration;
- Current letters of recommendation from two educators or community representatives;
- One to two page bio talking about your past experiences and future plans as it relates to your educational goals and community involvement;
- A copy of the Free Application of Federal Financial Student Aid for 2022-2023.
- A copy of last federal tax return or proof of total household income for 2021.
Scholarship awardees are encouraged to join MANA, and must be willing to provide ten (10) hours of volunteering for a non-profit organization in a two year period.
Members or relatives of members of the Scholarship Review Committee are not eligible for a MANA de Metro Detroit Scholarship.