SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS-Applies to All Scholarships
As of April 18, 2023, the Scholarship Application process is now closed.
All scholarship Applicants must complete Sections A – G – General Information
After completing Sections A – G, Applicants must also complete the Parts pertaining to the specific scholarship being sought. (Learn more about the history of each scholarship by clicking on each of the four titles below)
- Part I: Mana de Metro Detroit – General Scholarship
- Part II: Carmen Munoz Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- Part III: Monica L. Martinez Leadership Scholarship
- Part IV: Ellen Ochoa STEM Scholarship
- Part V: Renewal Scholarship Application
NOTE: While Applicants can apply for all scholarships (if they qualify), only one MANA award will be provided to selected Applicants.
Scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded for costs relating to educational expenses only (i.e. tuition, books, supplies, gas, parking, etc.). Scholarship checks will be made payable to the recipient and university, vocational school, or community college.
Scholarships awards must be used during the 2023-2024 academic year. Prior recipients may reapply annually. Awards will depend on the availability of funds and demonstrated student financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement.
- Hispanic/Latina women;
- Detroit/Metro Detroit resident;
- Currently fulfilling high school graduation requirements or GED equivalent; or any student who has been formally admitted to, or is currently attending a university, community college, or vocational school;
- Eligible applicants may also include MANA de Metro Detroit members, relative of members, and participants in the “Hermanitas” Program. However, the Scholarship Review Committee members and their relatives are NOT eligible for any of the MANA scholarships being offered.
Each application MUST be filled out completely. Please make sure that you successfully upload all required documents. Only completed applications will be considered. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. Check to make sure that your attachments can be opened prior to sending. If you need assistance completing your application, see your school counselor/advisor. Application Deadline: On or before April 17, 2023.
The following documents must be attached/submitted with your application:
- Current academic transcripts and/or GED scores;
- Letter of acceptance from school or proof of registration;
- Two current letters of recommendation from two educators or community representatives;
- Renewal Applicants must provide one letter of recommendation from a college professor or adviser;
- One to two page bio describing past experiences and future plans as they relate to your educational goals and community involvement. If awarded a scholarship, you agree to allow MANA to use your bio on all MANA social media platforms and all promotional materials;
- A copy of the Free Application of Federal Financial Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2023-2024. OR,
- A copy of last federal tax return or proof of total household income for 2022.
Applicants must be willing to provide five (5) hours of volunteer work at any non-profit organization of their choice for each scholarship year.
All information must be received electronically by the MANA Scholarship Committee on or before April 17, 2023. NOTE: Applications submitted/postmarked after the due date will not be considered.
If additional information is needed, please contact Ines de Jesus via e-mail at: email@example.com
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD:
All awardees will be notified via email. Awardees must attend the MANA Luncheon to receive their scholarships. Date and location will be announced at a later date.
Have any questions? We’d love to hear from you!
4138 W Vernor Hwy
Detroit, MI 48209